As a candidate
I want to be able to flag an individual item within a group
So that I can clearly identify which item I need to re-visit
Current situation: This is a follow up feature from F4002, which includes navigation breadcrumbs for items within item sets. The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) create Item Sets in Item Authoring in order to ensure that items on the same topic (e.g. about a particular patient scenario) are delivered together. When items are in an item set, if one item from the set is added to a test, then the rest of the items are added too. This ensures that when creating a test, test creators cannot forget any of these items and, because if they did, then it could mean that the questions no longer make sense. Item sets also help control the order that the items within the set are delivered in by allowing item authors to say whether the order is fixed or not. Again, some item sets must be delivered in a specific order for the items to make sense (and not give away answers):
Example item set (note, these would be delivered on separate pages, not as a group where all are on one page)
Q:Which country's flag is displayed in the image?
Q: What is the capital of France?
Q: What is the name of the famous art gallery in Paris?
My understanding is that item sets are known about up until the point that the test is generated, so that the items are in the correct place in the Page XML. I don't think that delivery knows about item sets as it just follows the Page XML. This means that in delivery, items are treated as unique items, each getting a breadcrumb with their own number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
Objective: This feature is to make it clearer to candidates that some items are in an item set (to them, this mean that the questions are about the same topic). We want to indicate this via different numbering for item within a set and by a change in the breadcrumb UI.
- Item Set Numbering will be included in the following areas.
- Result APIs
- Section Feedback
- Quality Review panel
- Test creator will be able to select an option in Test Profiles > Delivery Presentation, to "Show" or "Hide" the item set header.
- This option will be greyed out when Item Set Numbering is disabled, and will be available when Item Set numbering is enabled.
- When Item Set Numbering is disabled, the item set header will not display in HTML Delivery.
- Selecting show will display text boxes which the user can add text to for the Item set label and item label
- Text boxes can not be empty when item set header option is set to "show"
- Error message will display if user attempts save changes when the text boxes are blank.
- Item set header will be displayed across all items within an item set, displaying the Item Set label, item label and the item number out of the set in HTML Delivery.
- Font settings will not be editable. Font settings will be as per the mock-up.
- Colour of the item set header will match the background and border colour that is selected in the test profile in delivery.
- Wording for Item Set Numbering option will be changed from 'Enabled' & 'Disabled' to 'Enable' & 'Disable'
- Wording change: "Question 1 of 4" to "Question 1/4"
- Items in Surpass have a top level heading (<h1>) which is hidden off screen and only available to screen readers. The heading uses the .screen-reader-only CSS class.
- When Item Set Numbering is disabled in Test profile:
- The heading text reads: "Question #" where # is the number of the current item.
- When Item Set Numbering is enabled in the Test Profile:
- The heading text reads: "Question #.#" where #.# is the number of the item set item*
- *This functionality is introduced in defect fix DE34787
- When Item Set Numbering and Item Set Header is enabled in the Test Profile:
- Apply the Item set name and Item name values to the existing heading element.
- Expose the heading in the UI.
- Remove the .screen-reader-only CSS class.
- Apply new CSS design to heading.
- Heading should be marked up as top level H1.
- Maintain functionality to move focus H1 when Item is loaded.
- H1 has tabindex="-1"
Not for consideration:
- Word Doc Export (Item Authoring) - Not needed as this in an item level thing, numbering is a test level thing.
- Paper Mark Screen - Not required because the setting is going to be in Test Profiles and doesn't apply to test intended to be completed on paper. Unlike Printable Test
- Flash Results Screen > OMR Upload - Not required because the setting is going to be in Test Profiles and doesn't apply to test intended to be completed on paper. Unlike Printable Test
- Test Admin > Candidate Review > This is because HTML Tests cannot be reviewed via Candidate Review
- Mark Screen (Flash) > Mark Script Dialog > Question drop down - this should be inherited when HTML equivalent of this is implemented as we are using a delivery style UI for this.
- Re-Mark Screen > View Responses Dialog > Question drop down - this should be inherited when HTML equivalent of this is implemented as we are using a delivery style UI for this.
- Audit Screen > View Responses Dialog > Question drop down - this should be inherited when HTML equivalent of this is implemented as we are using a delivery style UI for this.
- Moderate Screen > View Responses Dialog > Question drop down - this should be inherited when HTML equivalent of this is implemented as we are using a delivery style UI for this.
- SecureMarker > Script Review - not for consideration as SecureMarker does not currently have a concept of item item numbering
- Moderate Screen > Quintile Analysis Report
- Audit Screen > Quintile Analysis Report
- Reporting > Rescoring > Rescoring Event > Item Position in Test Form
- Reporting > Analytical Data > Test Form > Items Delivered > Item Position
- Reporting > Analytical Data > Test Form > Items Delivered > Raw Data Extract > Presented Order
- Item set header header will not be viewable in:
- Item preview
- Printable tests.
- Marking screens
can we have text to be question 1/4 instead of 1 of 4? if 1 of 4 then we will need aliasing - Mockup will show what using the / will look like
Will we need a character limit for editing text in item set header? Text box should be a standard size (30 characters?) and then a tooltip to be provided.
What will the UI look like in Item Authoring? - UI now affected in Test Profiles
Will this need to be editable for item labels or at an item set level? - Item Set level
If its editable at Item set level then how will it be in sink with test profile - Background and borders should match whatever is selected as test profile in delivery.
Also if we are going to configure it at item set level and suppose that multiple item sets are there in a section,
then there be different header format for different item set in same test so will it be fine - Changing this setting in at the test profile level will keep the same formatting for multiple item sets within a test.